Funeral Advice You Can Trust
Funeral Consumers Alliance of Maine (FCAM) is a non-profit, all volunteer, educational organization dedicated to helping members make informed decisions about after-death arrangements that are dignified, meaningful, and affordable.
We promote simplicity, dignity and economy in funeral arrangements through advance planning.
Statement of Purpose:
FCAM is a non-profit, non-sectarian, all volunteer organization dedicated to providing education and advocacy and education for the public so they may be informed of the many options available for pre-planning the disposition of their remains in a dignified, affordable manner.
We accomplish this by:
- Providing education on choice and affordability in funeral and/or memorial arrangement.
- Dispensing current information about the laws and practices concerning death, anatomical gifts, burial and cremation.
- Monitoring pertinent legislation and regulatory activities and advocating when appropriate
- Educating people about how to obtain funeral services most relevant to their personal desires.
- Providing quarterly newsletters informing people about developments nationally and in Maine that affect the death care industry.
We achieve our goals through consumer education and outreach including group presentations by informed speakers (read President's annual report) and printed materials (current newsletter).
Founded in 1973, FCAM is one of more than 100 similar groups across the country, supported by the national Funeral Consumers Alliance (www.funerals.org). We have no connection to the funeral industry or any religious group.
Simply put, we are a group of people who have learned about planning funerals through personal experience and are happy to share our knowledge with you. Would you like to arrange for a speaker? Just send us an email with the details and we'll get back in touch with you.
Notice that we are on facebook: .
Join or make a donation using our form, click here: .